No announcement yet.

It's a ghost town.......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doubt that people will come back simply because Facebook has become the media that most people use for social networking as well as business networking rather than forums. WHY? mainly because it is free to use and a lot easier to post photos and videos to.

Comment

Originally posted by eflfanatic View Post
      Doubt that people will come back simply because Facebook has become the media that most people use for social networking as well as business networking rather than forums. WHY? mainly because it is free to use and a lot easier to post photos and videos to.
      The final statement is why would you want to go to several sites to get information when you can go to one. It's really that simple.. This isn't rocket science.

Comment

• Toother1321
        Toother1321 commented
        Editing a comment
        Because you don't go to several sites to get the information. The information that you want comes directly to you. People can subscribe to specific things and get real time updates on them. I love the forums, and they are incredibly important, but not in the same way they once were. The forums need to morph into an archive for important topics that we want to keep around for the long haul (ie: Geno's awesome new breakdown on Proline bases). Gone are the days of daily conversations, and banter through forum posts. That is NEVER coming back. As Wolf has said many times, this isn't an electric football thing. It's happened all across the internet. Solid Content and permanent archiving of information will drive the forums. For conversation and day to day instantaneous stuff social media is king.

• detroitchild
        detroitchild commented
        Editing a comment
        I understand but no matter how most of you feel evolution changes everything, especially when it comes to online content. Remember bulletin boards? The old EF site(s) prior to this forum? It's simple...evolve or die.

Interesting.

Comment

I kinda spotted efl after jus starting back up, had n issues so had to leave now I'm working on coming back into it but stepped into a ghost town, I don't even use Facebook to much drama there.

Comment

I stopped coming because FB is so convenient and it appealed to my lazy nature. once I'm on fb I have permission to see everything. this site has great information from years of posting. I try to come by whenever I can.

Comment

I'm just like all of you. I miss the "Community". I've been guilty and fell into the Facebook group. However I do think that the exposure of Facebook is a "positive". Other hobbies such as RC had massive amounts of members and thier Forums continue to thrive for that reason. We as much as we've grown are still a small group and with that comes fragility. The information here is not replaceable.

Comment

I hate the idea of having to setup an account, then navigate to see what is happening. Still, if it draws more in...

Comment

I've been away for awhile, so busy with work. Love this site and plan on spending a lot of time on here this winter trying to get an education from the experts. Thanks to all you guys who post tips. No Facebook for me.

Comment

Working...
                X