Scrambling with simulated passing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scrambling with simulated passing

What are the best or most common rules and strategies regarding scrambling quarterbacks? Who can/cannot be adjusted and when does clock stop, etc.? I am using the simulated passing sticks.

Thanks.

In my solitaire league I also use pass simulation. Here is how I handle the QB;
    • If the QB is non-mobile (i.e. a stand still QB), he is not allowed to scramble, but he is allowed to "throw-away" the pass. (I know there are others that do not allow the stand-still QB to throw-away the pass...instead the QB is considered sacked if time expires and there is no receiver you care to pass to).
    • If the QB is mobile he can decide to run the ball. I stop the field and adjust all unengaged defenders. I do not adjust any offense, not even the QB. Then turn the field back on to finish the play.
    • The mobile QB can also throw-away the pass instead of running it.
    • By the way I have a pass timer of 7 seconds. At 7 seconds I stop the field and must decide to pass, throwaway, or scramble (scramble option is only available to mobile QB's).

Comment

• Rigchute
      Rigchute commented
      Editing a comment
      I have now gone to a 5 second count for a pass timer. I allow 7 seconds in "hail-mary" situations.

I use an initial 3 count, if someone looks about to break open I turn the field on for another 2 seconds. The QB is immobile, but if no-one is open I replace him with the mobile QB. Generally there aren't big gains. Not like when we were kids and waited to call scramble once everyone. was out of the way.

Comment

Working...
    X