Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Build your own field or buy....which is the way to go? (and the cheapest)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Build your own field or buy....which is the way to go? (and the cheapest)

Build or buy...whats your take??

Depands of what you plan to do. You can buy a Miggle football challenge/rosebowl for a good price, it's a decent medium size board, you can play competitively on it (used on miggle tournament, for example). You can also find a used tudor 620 board on ebay for a decent price.

But if you are handy, making your own board will cost not much more, and you'll have bigger surface and better performance...IN theory

edit : are you speaking about a board, or only the field cover of it ?

Comment

No...I am speaking of a board. I'm thinking if i'm going to spend money I should get exactly what I want which means customize right?
      hlmt$
      Originally posted by the french guy View Post
      Depands of what you plan to do. You can buy a Miggle football challenge/rosebowl for a good price, it's a decent medium size board, you can play competitively on it (used on miggle tournament, for example). You can also find a used tudor 620 board on ebay for a decent price.

But if you are handy, making your own board will cost not much more, and you'll have bigger surface and better performance...IN theory

edit : are you speaking about a board, or only the field cover of it ?

Comment

If you have the money, go for a custom board. You'll find board makers on the forum.

If you're in tight budget, a standard board (like the ones I was speaking about) will be a lot cheaper.

And finally, if you're on tight budget but handy with tools build your own board

Comment

Big Board KIT!!

I've been working on a kit that tries to accomplish two objectives:

1 - Take away some of the hardest aspects of building your own gameboard (frame construction, electronics, motor, field cover).

2 - Make it fast and intuitive enough that you can assemble it in one evening (as long as you have all the necessary tools).

I have this kit ready to unleash, but I need some product testers. I have already been fooling with the field cover aspect and that seems to be working great.

You would need: A flat level workspace larger than 24x48, A phillips head screwdriver, a drill and 1/2", 3/8", and 1/4" bits, pliers, a soldering iron, wire stripper/cutters, and finally possibly a hobby knife and a straight edge.

If you're interested let me know. The cost would be about $100-$175.

DR

Comment

couldn't wait a couple months could ya!

I'm very curious to see how that turns out, as it is a great price for what someone will get!

Comment

if you're not a handy man (like me LOL!!) and have the $$$$$, then asked for those persons in the board.

Benster

Comment

Originally posted by roller View Post
                I've been working on a kit that tries to accomplish two objectives:

1 - Take away some of the hardest aspects of building your own gameboard (frame construction, electronics, motor, field cover).

2 - Make it fast and intuitive enough that you can assemble it in one evening (as long as you have all the necessary tools).

I have this kit ready to unleash, but I need some product testers. I have already been fooling with the field cover aspect and that seems to be working great.

You would need: A flat level workspace larger than 24x48, A phillips head screwdriver, a drill and 1/2", 3/8", and 1/4" bits, pliers, a soldering iron, wire stripper/cutters, and finally possibly a hobby knife and a straight edge.

If you're interested let me know. The cost would be about $100-$175.

DR
                Did these kits ever get released?

Comment

Yes...

These did make their way out of the workshop. I sold a grand total of one unit and that was the end of it.

The cost eventually was more than my original estimate, but they ended up becoming my main product... The AL-48.

dr

Comment

Who are the custom board makers out there? I am not skilled to make my own. I would rather pay someone who has experience and the know how to make it for me - For me, that works. Who are they? Difficult to locate anyone making boards now. Sent 4-21-17
                    carymorse@msn.com

Comment

I am looking for someone to make me a custom college board 24x48 playing surface

Comment

Here are some to start with.

Texas-Ricardo Riley https://www.facebook.com/ricardo.riley.33 ricardoriley@rcn.com
                        Kansas-Kelley Newton https://www.facebook.com/kelley.newton.77 knewton@KCKCC.EDU 405-824-4573
                        New jersey-Karim Campbell grandmasterkc@hotmail.com 908-239-1172
                        Tennessee-Charles Lane http://www.miniaturefootball.com/forum/member/1166-big-lane 423-892-4887
                        Pennsylvania-Steve Toth https://www.facebook.com/steve.toth.355 tdawg1321@hotmail.com http://www.miniaturefootball.com/for...46-toother1321
                        Missouri-Paul Bartels raiderman110@hotmail.com 717-856-5988

All these guys make quality well-built boards. Each is a little different.

Comment

does anyone know whats going on at George Diamond SI warehouse concearning the DDBs and white litenin bases. Are they done and just selling their remaining stuff? I would like to purchase some of these bases new or used

Comment

has anyone heard any news good or bad on the tudor games 24X48 oak game table that has the single moter that runs with just 2 AA batteries? How does it play and is it woth the 500 plus dollars with shipping and all or would you be better off having a good custom board builder make one? what would be a rough idea of the cost to have a basic good performing board be?

Comment

Working...
                            X