Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RC Base or 3D Printed EF Base (Feedback)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Incredible

Originally posted by Toother1321 View Post
    I've been working on a 3d printed base for a few months now. I've tried various different materials, including some flexible filament. Right now I just don't see it happening. I've gotten close, and have actually had my most successful version come out this week, but the combo of correct material and prong thickness has been hard to match. The picture below is as close as i've come....

[ATTACH]113783[/ATTACH]
    Hey Toother,

Although you aren't happy with the results, this is a good start. I applaud your efforts, incredible.

Maurice

The Electric Coach

Comment

Toother, thanks for sharing this. I know you are good with 3D printing. With that said, I am thinking that Jason might not be able to put one together.

Thanks,
      Tony

Comment

Toother,

This is scary, yo!

But don't stop... Get it get it...

Hopefully Jason and others figure this out as well.

Still scary as hell though.

Comment

Toother, I can not tell in that picture if the prongs are angled back. It looks straight down. If so, have the back prongs printed out on an angle and the front prongs with a tiny bit of an angle back next time to see if that helps any.

I am not sure how much you know about tweaking bases. So if you already tried to tweak the prongs on an angle and it still did not work, then forget what I said. It did not hurt to bring it up. Just going by what I seen in your picture.

Comment

Density and Texture

Originally posted by tonyj View Post
            Toother, I can not tell in that picture if the prongs are angled back. It looks straight down. If so, have the back prongs printed out on an angle and the front prongs with a tiny bit of an angle back next time to see if that helps any.

I am not sure how much you know about tweaking bases. So if you already tried to tweak the prongs on an angle and it still did not work, then forget what I said. It did not hurt to bring it up. Just going by what I seen in your picture.
            At this stage in the process, prong angle is the least of concern. The plastic's density and its texture is most important. In regards to density, if the base's prongs are too thick face-side to back-side, the base will drag when it runs. Texture is achieved when the base's plastic has the right balance of resin and silicon; too much resin will make the base's plastic too hard, which will cause the base to slide around when it runs, for it will not grip the board. Too much silicon will make the base too soft causing the plastic to lose its molded form; thereby making the base useless. All-in-all, if those two issues aren't addressed from the very start, the base will perform poorly.

Maurice

The Electric Coach

Comment

E Coach, you Da Man to listen too for tweaking bases. Thank you so much for your input on this! I agree with what EC just said.

I will share your feedback to Jason too, but at this time I do not think he is going to put it together. Note that I did just send him an email asking him if he would want to attempt putting this together on his own time, because you guys would like to see it put together. In other words, people want this and he would not be wasting his time if it runs better than the current EF base out there.

Thanks EC!
              Tony
              Last edited by tonyj; 04-30-2016, 12:07 PM.

Comment

This is addressed to Tonji . Can you list what you used to make the RC base. Just wanted to tinker a bit.

Comment

Working...
                X