Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long does it take to go through 15 minutes on a electric football timer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long does it take to go through 15 minutes on a electric football timer?

Do me favor EMFers,

If you have an old football board with the timer, run it at a speed where your players are not falling down excessively.
    Time how long it takes to cycle through the fifteen minutes. I know its less than that, i dont know how much.

Thanks a bunch,
    Kit

the timer

I As a kid I always hated it as it took away from valuable field space. Interesting question though.

Comment

Tudor Automatic Timer

Tudor Automatic Timer
      I use the Automatic Timer on occasion for Solitaire play. I normally get 17 plays in per quarter give or take before time expires. I found a game clock timer combination (second wheel and minute wheel) that actually works as designed. Setting up the game clock per the original instructions I ran the board non-stop 3 times and got the following results 1min 5sec, 1 Min 3sec, 58sec.
      Ray F

Comment

Thanks coach Ray

I'm calulating it for a "board timed" game format. Thank you for your help.

Coach Kit Kinchen

Comment

With the auto timers on the old boards, they are easily tweaked to your liking. I currently run on three board that all use the old auto timer (Note I only play solitaire, maybe messing with the timers is against some league rules??) . I have three sets of dials. Two set to turn fairly slow so i can get a realistic four quarter (on quarter per full rotation) and the other is set to turn fairly quickly for games I have less time for. The smaller dial is the key, just like with bases, if the prongs are curled at all the dial will turn quickly, you can easily just pull each dial back a bit so the prongs are more straight to make the dial move slower. Adjust to your liking...

I have always used these dials but am looking to upgrade to a custom board soon, that was something I had to work out:

1.) It's not like I won't ever use the other boards... teams that still perform on them may call them 'home', or I'll just change it up every once in a while.

2.) For the custom board i'll have to purchase an electronic scoreboard with clock. I see the one on Tudors' page... anyone have experience with it? I'm assuming it works well enough?

Comment

Originally posted by Coach Rip View Post
            I As a kid I always hated it as it took away from valuable field space. Interesting question though.
            I agree it sure did take up field space. It will be nice when that Tudor App comes out; then it will be easy.

Comment

Working...
            X